E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR, INDIGENOUS THEATRE - NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE - OTTAWA, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Nov 8 13:19:10 EST 2016

---------------------------
JOB NOTICE - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR, INDIGENOUS THEATRE - NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE -
OTTAWA, ON
---------------------------
Deadline to submit: 12/07/2016
Email applications to: careers at nac-cna.ca
Contact name: Leila Prosper
Contact email: careers at nac-cna.ca
Contact phone: 613-947-7000
Engager Website: www.nac-cna.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance,
creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for
many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our four
stages and on our stages across the country.

Territorial Acknowledgement:
We recognize the Algonquin Nation, on whose traditional territory the
National Arts Centre is located. We gratefully acknowledge the past, present
and future caretakers of this land.

Additional information:
The successful candidate will be a well-respected First Nation, Inuit or
Métis theatrical leader, who is artistically ambitious and is strongly
committed to Indigenous work on a national stage as well as community
engagement. She or he is a gifted theatre artist who is interested in a
national conversation about Indigenous performance and inspiring a diversity
of range and style from coast to coast to coast.
The Artistic Director will bring an in depth knowledge of the current
Indigenous theatre landscape. She or he is part of the NAC’s senior artistic
leadership and contributes to the strategic direction and vision of the
Centre as a whole, collaborating with other disciplines on artistic
initiatives, program planning, and use of facilities. The successful
candidate will have an awareness of the social, physical and spiritual
concerns of diverse Indigenous communities in Canada. She or he will also
have excellent communications skills in order to develop a solid
relationship with the many communities across the land, the media, the
theatre community at large, Indigenous Theatre’s audience and donors.

---------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx