E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - TRUTH'N'LIES/STOREFRONT THEATRE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Nov 22 10:21:04 EST 2016

---------------------------------
AUDITION NOTICE - TRUTH'N'LIES/STOREFRONT THEATRE - TORONTO, ON
---------------------------------
Production name: LIARS AT A FUNERAL
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 03/20/2017
Audition date: 12/04/2016
Audition date 2: 12/05/2016
Deadline to submit: 11/27/2016
Email applications to: liarsatafuneral at gmail.com
Contact name: Laura Jabalee Johnson
Contact email: liarsatafuneral at gmail.com
Contact phone: 4164328706
Engager Website: www.thestorefronttheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Equity and diversity are factored into every casting decision at the
Storefront Theatre. We encourage and welcome submissions from artists of all
genders, ethnicities and abilities. We would like to thank all applicants
for their submissions. We will only contact those applicants to whom we are
able to offer an audition.

Additional information:
Liars at a Funeral, by: Sophia Fabiilli
Director: Ali Joy Richardson
Producers: Laura Jabalee Johnston & Sophia Fabiilli

Grandma Mavis fakes her own death in order to reunite her estranged family…
just in time for an ice storm to trap them all in a funeral home over
Christmas. Can this eccentric clan of liars navigate the rocky road to
reconciliation? Or will the next 24hrs be the final nail in this
dysfunctional family’s coffin? Liars at a Funeral is a black comedy loosely
inspired by Hamlet.

Performances: May 5-21, 2017
Rehearsals: begin mid-March (part-time)
Venue: Storefront Theatre, Toronto (*closing show of the 2016/17 Season)
Agreement: Collective Policy (profit share)

Premiere production of Liars at the Funeral and Fabiilli’s second play. Her
first, The Philanderess, sold-out its run at the 2015 Toronto Fringe
Festival (NNNNN’s, NOW Magazine), won the inaugural Second City Award for
Best New Comedy, and was remounted on The Second City Main Stage last fall.

Audition day 1: Sunday December 4th
Audition day 2: Monday December 5th
Callbacks: Monday December 12th

TO SUBMIT: Find the full audition posting with submission details here:
http://bit.ly/2eJv8Eo

Deadline: Sunday November 27th, at 5pm.

Email applications to: liarsatafuneral at gmail.com
Contact name: Laura Jabalee Johnston

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

---------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx