E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - CANADIAN STAGE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Nov 22 14:50:14 EST 2016

----------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - CANADIAN STAGE - TORONTO, ON
----------------
Production name: Shakespeare in High Park
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 05/15/2017
Deadline to submit: 12/14/2016
Email applications to: casting at canadianstage.com
Contact name: Meghan Hunt
Contact email: companymanager at canadianstage.com
Contact phone: 416-367-8243

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Canadian Stage
encourages submissions from all individuals. We are committed to the
practice of inclusion and diversification. We will make every effort to
identify and remove any barriers to inclusion within all aspects of the
selection process by making decisions and communicating without regard to
ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, color, disability, national
origin, family or marital status, language, physical and mental ability,
political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic
status, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make our
communities and individuals unique.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
SHAKESPEARE IN HIGH PARK 2017

Tanja Jacobs (Twelfth Night); Alistair Newton (King Lear) are the 2017 MFA
candidates from York University’s Graduate Program in Stage Direction in
Collaboration with Canadian Stage. Plays are rehearsed and presented in
repertory; all actors play roles in both productions. This is an exclusive
16 week contract which rehearses and performs outdoors in all safe weather
conditions. Pay scale is CTA “E” house.

Please e-mail headshot and resume to casting at canadianstage.com (no phone
calls). Indicate desired role in subject line. We thank all applicants; only
audition candidates are contacted.

All roles also include “As Cast”. Twelfth Night listed first.

Actor 1 (FEMALE): Viola/Cordelia - Young
Actor 2 (MALE): Captain, Antonio/Oswald - Any Age
Actor 3 (MALE): Sebastian/Edmund - Young
Actor 4 (MALE): Orsino/Cornwall - Mature
Actor 5 (MALE): Valentine, Officer/Albany - Mature
Actor 6 (MALE) Sir Andrew Aguecheek/Edgar - Young
Actor 7 (FEMALE): Olivia/Regan - must play a young woman and mature
Actor 8 (FEMALE): Maria/Goneril - Mature
Actor 9 (MALE): Sir Toby/Gloucester - Mature
Actor 10 (FEMALE): Feste/Kent - Mature

Click here for full details and character breakdown:
https://www.canadianstage.com/ArticleMedia/Files/17.18-sihp-breakdown.pdf
----------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx