EQUIFLASH [LAST CALL: EQUITY CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC SUBMISSIONS - 2002-2016]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Sep 7 11:15:43 EDT 2016

-----------------------------------
LAST CALL: EQUITY CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC SUBMISSIONS - 2002-2016
-----------------------------------

*** This is a reminder to send us your photo submissions by this Friday,
SEPTEMBER 9, 2016. ***

------------

In 2001, Equity created a 25th anniversary photo exhibition which included
89 images representing the breadth of Equity disciplines. It ranged from
1946 which marked the beginning of Equity in Canada, to the legal
establishment of Canadian Actors’ Equity in 1976, on up to early 2001.

The exhibition traveled to venues across Canada, and the entire exhibition
is accessible on EQUITYONLINE at: http://bit.ly/2aF94Zo

In 2016, honouring Equity's 40th anniversary, we want to update our photo
exhibition and capture some of the breakthrough productions which expanded
the Canadian live performance landscape over the last 15 years. Equity is
committed to representation of the opera, dance and theatre disciplines in
all of Canada's geographic regions.

If you have images that you want to send us or know of productions that had
an impact on you, let us know who we should speak with. Recommendations can
be directed to exhibition curator Susan Porter at: equityphoto at caea.com

Equity specifically invites submissions showcasing work created by members
of all abilities (including Deaf artists, and artists with disabilities),
ages, ethnocultural groups (including Aboriginal artists), genders and LGBTQ
communities.

Additional criteria will be used, including:
• Equity membership
• Aesthetic value of the image
• Ability to reproduce in both electronic and print formats
• Landmark theatrical productions and/or socio-political relevancy

Please review your photographs for productions from 2002 – 2016 and send us
your top choices, no later than September 9, 2016.

*PLEASE DO NOT SEND IMAGES BY E-MAIL. THE DOCUMENT AT THE FOLLOWING LINK,
http://bit.ly/2aORDmu OUTLINES THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND SUBMISSION
PROCESS ALONG WITH AN INTAKE DOCUMENT TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE PHOTOGRAPH.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Susan Porter
Equity Photographic Exhibition Curator
Email: equityphoto at caea.com

-----------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx