E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - CAROUSEL THEATRE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Apr 10 16:19:09 EDT 2017

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - CAROUSEL THEATRE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE - VANCOUVER, BC
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 05/17/2017
City: Vancouver

Audition day 2: 05/18/2017
City: Vancouver

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Carole Higgins, Artistic
Director and Kayla Dunbar, Artistic Associate
Deadline to submit: 05/05/2017
Email applications to: auditions at carouseltheatre.ca
Contact name: Casting
Contact email: auditions at carouseltheatre.ca
Contact phone: no phone calls please
Engager website: www.carouseltheatre.ca
Link to detailed casting information: www.carouseltheatre.ca
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Carousel Theatre
for Young People encourages and welcomes submissions from theatre artists of
diverse backgrounds and experiences.

Additional information:

Carousel Theatre for Young People is holding General Auditions in Vancouver
on May 17 and May 18 for our 2017/2018 Season. General auditions will be
attended by Carole Higgins and Kayla Dunbar.

We are casting for the following projects:

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Adapted by Joseph Robinette
>From the book by C.S. Lewis
Directed by Carole Higgins
November 24-December 31, 2017 at the Waterfront Theatre
(we are especially interested in meeting actors who can play a variety of
instruments)

The Velveteen Rabbit
by Kevin Del Aguila
Based the book by Margery Williams
Directed by Deb Williams
March 2-25, 2018 at the Waterfront Theatre

We Three
by Meghan Gardiner (world premiere)
Directed by Carole Higgins
June 5-17, 2018 at the Bee Stage (Carousel Theatre)

Please submit a cover letter, headshot and resume to:
auditions at carouseltheatre.ca by May 5, 2017.

Those selected for a general audition will be asked to prepare one monologue
suitable for a family audience.

Actors who have previously worked with Carole, Kayla or Deb need not submit
for general auditions and are invited to send a cover letter and updated
resume and headshot expressing interest in specific plays/characters in the
season directly to carole at carouseltheatre.ca

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx