E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - HERITAGE PARK HISTORICAL VILLAGE - CALGARY, AB]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Feb 17 13:03:07 EST 2017

--------------------------------
AUDITION NOTICE - HERITAGE PARK HISTORICAL VILLAGE - CALGARY, AB
--------------------------------
Production name: A Journey of a Lifetime
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 06/12/2017
Audition date: 03/01/2017
Audition date 2: 03/02/2017
Deadline to submit: 02/23/2017
Email applications to: Nikki Loach artistic-director at questtheatre.org
Contact name: Susan Reckseidler
Contact email: sreckseidler at heritagepark.ca
Contact phone: 403 268-8559
Engager Website: www.heritagepark.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: We welcome
artists of various races, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious
affiliation, and ability, as these represent the audience we serve.

Additional information:
In celebration of Canada’s 150th Anniversary, Heritage Park is undertaking
the complete restoration of one of our national treasures: a 1905 wooden
Colonist Rail Car, one of only two left in the country. To bring this story
to Canadians, a travelling exhibit and a 1-hour family play of the same
name, A Journey of a Lifetime, is being created that tells the story of some
of the people who came out west. The exhibit and play will debut at Heritage
Park this summer before heading off on a cross-Canada tour.

Dates (subject to change)
June 12 - June 30
Performances for Heritage Park July 1  - July 16
Rehearsal for National Tour September 4 - 8
National Tour launch Sept 13 – Dec 2

Being a Bilingual (French) performer is an asset. This will be an ensemble
piece where each company member will be required to play an assortment of
roles.

6 roles MAY include:
• A black French woman or black American woman
• A young French girl narrator
• A Scottish or English male bank clerk doubling as a photographer
• A male Slavic farmer
• A male Asian or other man.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

--------------------------------
communications at caea.com
http://www.caea.com

The agreement or policy governing the engagement of Equity members in the
production. DOT Policy - Theatre
With which Business Rep have you made arrangements for this production?
Sigrid Velis
Are you an Equity member? No

--

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx