E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - CASTING CALL IN TORONTO - BELVOIR THEATRE - SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Feb 27 13:35:31 EST 2017

------------------
AUDITION NOTICE - CASTING CALL IN TORONTO - BELVOIR THEATRE - SYDNEY,
AUSTRALIA
------------------
Production name: A Counting and Cracking of Heads
Audition date: 03/21/2017 - Toronto
Audition date 2: 03/22/2017 - Toronto
Audition date 3: 03/23/2017 - Toronto
Deadline to submit: 03/06/2017
Email applications to: radiobec at gmail.com‎
Contact name: Rebecca Allen
Contact email: radiobec at gmail.com
Contact phone: +19163706870

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: This is an
Australian/Sri Lankan co-production. Written by an Australian/SL writer with
a cast of caucasian Australian, Sri Lankan and Indigenous Australian roles.

Additional information:
Belvoir Theatre is one of Australia's preeminent theatre companies.
Written by Shakthidharan Sivanathan, A Counting and Cracking of Heads is a
play following the uprooting and resettling of a family over four
generations from Sri Lanka to Australia. Through their journey, we see a Sri
Lanka riven by, but by no means surrendering to, violent divisions – and an
Australia transforming of, but also transformed by, the people that flee to
its shores.

The work will be directed by Eamon Flack (Artistic Director, Belvoir).
The work will rehearse in November/December 2017 and premiere in early 2018
at a number of international arts festivals across Australia.

We are casting four roles internationally. We are looking for Tamil and
Sinhala speakers, male and female as follows:
Male: 50-65yrs
Female: open (need to play range from 20's-70's)
Female: 50-65yrs
Female: 40-50yrs
‎
Please email radiobec at gmail.com for full casting brief

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under the applicable Media,
Entertainment & Arts Alliance (MEAA) form of contract
(https://www.meaa.org/) in place for this engagement. Equity members: please
bring your membership card to the audition.

Belvoir Theatre has a Performers Collective Agreement with Media,
Entertainment & Arts Alliance. The MEAA in partnership with the eight major
CAST companies (The Confederation of Australian State Theatre Companies)
have an 'importing artists agreement.' Belvoir Theatre will be the sponsor
for employment visas for international artists cast in the production.
Belvoir will work with LPA (Live Performance
Australiahttp://www.liveperformance.com.au/) for the visa lodging and
application processes.

--------------------------------
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4‎
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx