E-DRIVE [AUDITION - GREASE TORONTO - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Jan 17 11:42:37 EST 2017

--------------------------------
AUDITION - GREASE TORONTO - TORONTO, ON
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 01/23/2017
City: Toronto

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Larissa Mair Casting
Deadline to submit: 01/20/2017
Email applications to: greasethemusicalcasting at gmail.com
Contact name: Casting Director
Contact email: greasethemusicalcasting at gmail.com
Contact phone: No phone calls, please
Engager website: http://greasetoronto.com/
Link to detailed casting information:
http://larissamaircasting.com/grease.html
Agreement: ITA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Grease Toronto
encourages submissions from all ethno-cultural backgrounds.

Additional information:

OPEN DANCE CALL AUDITIONS FOR GREASE: THE MUSICAL
by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey

A brand new revival designed to make Grease as relevant and explosive today
as it was almost 50 years ago!

Directed and choreographed by Wayne Cilento, the Tony-award winning Broadway
choreographer of Wicked and Tommy, this high-octane new production will be
unlike any you’ve ever seen.

Producers: Charles Roy and David Galpern, | Producer: John Kelly
Musical Director: Mark Camilleri  | Casting: Larissa Mair Casting

LOOKING FOR STRONG DANCERS WHO MATCH THE FOLLOWING SPECS:
•       Male and Female talent who are great dancers & singers. We are
seeking all styles of dance (street, acro, jazz, contemporary… etc.)
•       Sexy, bold and fresh faced
•       Open ethnicity (seeking strong dancers of all diverse backgrounds)

DETAILS & AUDITION INFORMATION:

OPEN DANCE CALL AUDITION DATES:
MONDAY, JAN 23, 2016
DANCERS - EQUITY, EQUITY APPRENTICE
(Sign in from 9:30am – 10:30am)

TUESDAY, JAN 24TH, 2016
DANCERS- NON-UNION (Sign in from 9:30-10:30)

LOCATION: (For both dates):  Elgin/Winter Garden Theatre Centre – 189 Yonge
Street, Toronto

Please enter through Northern most door at 189 Yonge St. Signs will be
posted on the day.

WHAT TO BRING:
•    Those auditioning must bring a current photo and resume (STAPLED). Make
sure your    contact info (email and phone number) is on the resume.
•    Comfortable dance shoes
•    Something you feel comfortable dancing in

Those who are successful in the dance auditions will be receiving another
dance callback on the 25th, reading/singing call back either Jan 26 or 27
(location: TBC) as well as a final singing callback Jan 30th or Jan 31st.

All other information will be given at the time of the audition request. You
must have an appointment to attend the singing/reading callbacks.

For your convenience the audition packages have been posted on our website
(www.larissamaircasting.com) in advance.

Talent DOES NOT need to have the audition packages prepared for the open
dance calls. We just wanted to post them well in advance so people could get
a head start with the material. Although we will not hear everyone sing it
is a good idea to take a look at what you may have to prepare for the
singing/reading callbacks.

REHEARSALS:  Starting on or around April 17th, 2017 (in Toronto)
PERFORMANCE: Production to open on or around June 1st, 2017 and run for 6
weeks with likely extension.

Talent must be available through Labour Day.

Submissions from Artists of all ethno-cultural backgrounds are encouraged.

If you have any questions please email: greasethemusicalcasting at gmail.com

NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx