E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - THE BELFRY THEATRE - VICTORIA, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Jul 27 16:09:27 EDT 2017

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - THE BELFRY THEATRE - VICTORIA, BC
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 08/24/2017
City: Vancouver

Audition day 2: 08/25/2017
City: Vancouver

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Michael Shamata
Deadline to submit: 08/20/2017
Email applications to: associate at belfry.bc.ca
Contact name: Erin Macklem
Contact email: associate at belfry.bc.ca
Contact phone: 250-385-6835
Engager website: www.belfry.bc.ca
Link to detailed casting information:
http://www.belfry.bc.ca/news/general-auditions-vancouver/
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: The Belfry
encourages performers from all cultures, races, ethnicities, and gender
identities, mental and physical abilities to apply for an audition.

Additional information:

Michael Shamata, Artistic Director of The Belfry Theatre, will be holding
General Equity and Non-Equity Auditions:
When: August 24 & 25, 2017
Where:  Vancouver BC (location TBA)

For the audition, please prepare two audition pieces of approximately three
minutes in length each. Our preference would be: one Canadian piece and one
other of your choice - Canadian, classical, or contemporary American or
British. Please no self-written pieces, or pieces from plays that have not
been professionally produced.

Actors: Please forward your headshot and resume to the Belfry Theatre,
“General Auditions” by mail at address below or by email to
auditions at belfry.bc.ca before deadline of August 20, 2017, after which you
will be contacted to book an audition time.
NO PHONE CALLS, OR FAXES PLEASE.  Email attachments shall be no bigger than
5MB.

Please Note:
•       We have a limited number of audition spots. If you have not been
notified of an audition time by 7 pm on August 21, this means we don’t have
room to see you this time around.  Erin Macklem will call you …we would
prefer that you don’t call her.
•       Audition time priority will be given to Equity Members and Equity
registered apprentices.  Please ensure that your membership affiliations are
noted on your resume.
•       The Belfry encourages performers from all cultures, races,
ethnicities, and gender identities, mental and physical abilities to apply
for an audition.

The Belfry’s 2017-18 Main Stage Season (please note the majority of this
season’s roles have been cast and we are eager to meet people for future
casting consideration):
The Children’s Republic by Hannah Moscovitch
Onegin by Veda Hille and Amiel Gladstone
Forget About Tomorrow by Jill Daum
Salt Baby by Falen Johnson

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed. Communications are subject to
Equity’s Privacy Policy
<http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx>, Service Standards
<http://www.caea.com/Equityweb/EquityLibrary/Publications/ServiceStandardsBrochure.pdf>
 and Council Policies
<http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/EquityLibrary/Publications/CouncilPolicies.pdf>.
This email should not be read by or delivered to any other person. It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by
return electronic transmission and immediately delete this transmission,
including all attachments, without copying, distributing or disclosing same.