EQUIFLASH [CANADIAN CREATIVE INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS GALVANIZE TO END SEXUAL HARASSMENT]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Nov 24 12:43:58 EST 2017

On November 23, 2017, Canadian entertainment industry associations agreed to
a policy of zero tolerance on sexual harassment, discrimination, violence
and bullying.

--------------------------------
CANADIAN CREATIVE INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS GALVANIZE TO END SEXUAL HARASSMENT
--------------------------------

As representatives of the Canadian creative industry, we gathered together
today to collaborate on an industry-wide response to sexual harassment,
discrimination, bullying, and violence.
We agree to zero tolerance for such behaviour. We recognize that increasing
gender equality and diversity across our industry is an important part of
the solution.

The first steps we are committed to include:
- Enacting an industry-wide code of conduct, clearly defining expectations
of appropriate and inappropriate behaviour, enforcement and consequences.
- Creating more effective reporting mechanisms and supports, which ensure
all individuals can report allegations without fear of judgement or
retribution.
- Ensuring more effective enforcement of existing industry policies.
- Launching a multi-level education and training program, including an
industry-wide awareness campaign designed to establish and strengthen a
culture of safe workplaces.

This moment presents us all with an opportunity to focus a spotlight on the
prevention of sexual harassment. We are committed to working in partnership
to build solutions and will continue to provide updates as they become
available.

Association of Canadian Advertisers (ACA)
Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television (The Academy)
The Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA)
Canadian Actors' Equity Association (Equity)
Canadian Media Guild (CMG)
Casting Directors Society of Canada (CDC)
Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA)
Director’s Guild of Canada (DGC)
Entertainment Industry Coalition (EIC)
International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) Institute of
Communication Agencies (ICA)
NABET 700-M Unifor
Talent Agents and Managers Association of Canada (TAMAC) Toronto
International Film Festival (TIFF)
Writers Guild of Canada (WGC)
Women in View

--------------------------------

Information and support materials for Not in OUR Space, Equity's national
anti-harassment and respectful workplace campaign addressing healthy and
productive working conditions are available here: http://bit.ly/2mBzxJs

--------------------------------
communications at caea.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed. Communications are subject to
Equity’s Privacy Policy
<http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx>, Service Standards
<http://www.caea.com/Equityweb/EquityLibrary/Publications/ServiceStandardsBrochure.pdf>
 and Council Policies
<http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/EquityLibrary/Publications/CouncilPolicies.pdf>.
This email should not be read by or delivered to any other person. It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by
return electronic transmission and immediately delete this transmission,
including all attachments, without copying, distributing or disclosing same.