EQUIFLASH [EQUITY COUNCIL ELECTS NEW COUNCIL PRESIDENT AND SECRETARY TREASURER]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Oct 30 10:45:30 EDT 2017

--------------------
EQUITY COUNCIL ELECTS NEW COUNCIL PRESIDENT AND SECRETARY TREASURER
--------------------

At its meeting of October 29, 2017 Equity's national Council, two new
officers were elected.

Secretary-Treasurer Scott Bellis (Councillor for British Columbia and the
Yukon) was appointed as Council President:
"I am humbled and thrilled to take on the role of Council President for the
remainder of this term. I was elected to Council five years ago with a wish
to serve the membership, and this is an amazing opportunity to do so.
With former Council President Allan Teichman remaining at the table with us
I anticipate a smooth transition and a strong continuation of our work. I am
quite proud to be Equity's first Council President from a western
province, and look forward to pursuing the goals of our Association
alongside our incredible national Council and dedicated staff."

Former Council President Allan Teichman will continue as an Ontario
Councillor for the remainder of the 2015-2018 Council term
(http://bit.ly/2lqbpgI).

Diane Speirs (Councillor for Western Opera) was appointed to the vacant
position of Secretary-Treasurer:
"I've had the honour of being the representative for Western Opera on
Council for the past two years. I've been a member of Equity for almost 20
years and love being a regular member of the chorus at Vancouver Opera. I've
learned a lot being on Council and am thrilled to now be taking on the
challenge of Secretary-Treasurer."

------------
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
communications at caea.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed. Communications are subject to
Equity’s Privacy Policy
<http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx>, Service Standards
<http://www.caea.com/Equityweb/EquityLibrary/Publications/ServiceStandardsBrochure.pdf>
 and Council Policies
<http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/EquityLibrary/Publications/CouncilPolicies.pdf>.
This email should not be read by or delivered to any other person. It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by
return electronic transmission and immediately delete this transmission,
including all attachments, without copying, distributing or disclosing same.