[CANUFNET] Looking for hard surface planting experiences/successes

Sadia Butt sadiabutt.ca at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:22:17 EDT 2023

Dear Stephen, Thanks for this email as it outlines that you need to have a
knowledgeable person who is vested in the outcome of trees on site ensuring
that trees survive.
We (forestry and other tree expert colleagues)  are seeing the same with
new tree planting practices and current mulching trends
in southern Ontario. Trees are being planted too high and volcano mulched.
We are all working so hard to increase tree plantings and increase
municipal canopy cover percentages, that oversight at these critical stages
is negligence.
We cannot rely on warranty replacements to build our respective forest
canopies in a timely fashion.
Thanks again Stephen.
Best regards
Sadia