[CANUFNET] precedence regarding: 'nuisance-tree' removal request / resolution - Linden

Oliver Reichl careofthetrees at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:00:48 EDT 2023

Every time I’ve had to respond to a “nuisance tree” complaint, it’s always
been about the mess they make to vehicles. Rather than state the obvious
about a messy tree (“so don’t park under it!!”), I usually ask why they
don’t just put the car in the garage. In almost every instance there’s no
space in the garage because it’s been turned into a workshop, man cave, or
storage space. So basically the homeowner wants the City to remove a
perfectly good tree because of their lifestyle choices. This is not
something any municipality should start in practice, let alone codify in
policy, regulation, or law.

Oliver Reichl BES(Hons)

Oliver K. Reichl, B.E.S.(Hons)
Sent from my mobile phone.