[CANUFNET] precedence regarding: 'nuisance-tree' removal request / resolution - Linden

Joel McCracken joelmccracken at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:38:36 EDT 2023

I have many clients who deal with sappy lindens, spruce, and pine, and of
course black walnuts. Some clients cannot use their backyards all summer.
They cannot spray wash their decks, tables and seats each day or where
helmets.

No permit for removal can leads to bad pruning; one side of the fence, etc.

These trees are planted in good faith but without real knowledge of the
size, nuisance or hazard they can become in a residential setting.

Provided the homeowners are replanting acceptable replacements I think they
should be heard and removal should be considered on the grounds of
"nuisance".

The subjectivity of permit application review process isn't black and
white, but I don't think citizens should not be left to deal with these
issues when they are severe.

Often time, the replacement is a better fit ecologically, for safety and
for future forest condition.

Thank you

Joel McCracken RPF
416 427 0595