Help us plug Ontario into low-cost power from Quebec

Angela Bischoff angela at cleanairalliance.org
Thu Jun 25 12:39:18 EDT 2015

Help us plug Ontario into low-cost power from Quebec

  <http://www.cleanairalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/qb2015-pamphlet-1.jpg> Ontario is on the cusp of a mega-billion dollar disaster. The government is steaming ahead with plans to rebuild 10 aging nuclear reactors despite the fact that everyone knows these projects will cost billions more than budgeted and that nuclear represents yesterday’s technology.

Meanwhile, a far better solution to meeting our electricity needs is sitting right next door. Quebec has a growing surplus of clean water power and it needs new customers for its low-cost power <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wNUw5EBwQEGlQDUVQF> . If Ontario signed a long-term deal with Quebec, we could save tens of billions of dollars on our electricity bills compared to paying for power from rebuilt nukes.

With energy efficiency improving rapidly, energy demand steadily decreasing, and the cost of renewable technologies like solar and wind falling like a rock, it makes no sense to lock into inflexible high-cost nuclear power for the next 30-60 years.

We need your help to get Premier Kathleen Wynne to see there is a better way to meet this province’s electricity needs than by squandering tens of billions of dollars on outdated nuclear plants:

*	Please sign our petition <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wNUwFEBwQEGlQDUVQF>  calling on the Premier to make a deal with Quebec rather than rebuild 10 nuclear reactors. This is a important turning point for our province and we need our provincial government to make the right decision. Sign now! <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wNUwFEBwQEGlQDUVQF>
*	You can also help by distributing our new pamphlet <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wNUghEBwQEGlQDUVQF>  comparing the benefits of Quebec water power to high-cost nuclear. You can order them from our website <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wNUwBEBwQEGlQDUVQF>  or just email me <mailto:angela at cleanairalliance.org>  with a request for copies. Order a few dozen for your friends and family or a few hundred for your neighbours and local cafes. They're free!

Thank you for helping us get the word out.

Angela Bischoff, Outreach Director

P.S. Please encourage your friends and family to sign the petition <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wNUwFEBwQEGlQDUVQF>  calling for renewable water power to replace 10 high cost and high risk nuclear rebuilds on the shores of our Great Lakes.

 <http://cleanair.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0wJU0UJBgJOVFMEUlM>

Ontario Clean Air Alliance
160 John St., #300, Toronto M5V 2E5
Phone: 416 260-2080 x 1