T.O. Greenspiration Events: Happy IWD

Angela Bischoff angela at cleanairalliance.org
Sun Mar 3 12:08:31 EST 2019

Let's' Talk About a Green New Deal for Canada

https://theleap.org/portfolio-items/green-new-deal/

The NDP's only hope is a Green New Deal for Canada

"If the NDP want to turn their fortunes around by October, their best (and maybe only) hope is to bring the bold vision of a Green New Deal to Canada."

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/02/26/opinion/ndps-only-hope-green-new-deal-canada

_______________________

_______________________

Protect Ontario’s endangered species from Doug Ford

First he scrapped climate change legislation. Then he fired his environmental watchdog. Now Doug Ford is going after Ontario’s Endangered Species Act.

https://act.greenpeace.org/page/37818/action/1

_______________________

_______________________

Another Century of Fossil Use Could Eliminate Cloud Cover, Trigger 8.0°C of Additional Warming

https://theenergymix.com/2019/02/27/another-century-of-fossil-use-could-eliminate-cloud-cover-trigger-8-0c-of-additional-warming/

_______________________

_______________________

Ten must-see movies about energy and climate change

https://www.ryerson.ca/cue/news-events/blog/2018/03/ten-must-see-movies-about-energy-and-climate-change/

_______________________

_______________________

Stop Methylmercury Poisoning of Indigenous People at Muskrat Falls

https://www.change.org/p/stop-methylmercury-poisoning-of-indigenous-people-at-muskrat-falls

_______________________

_______________________

A City Left Behind: Poverty Reduction, Election Promises, and the 2019 Budget

Social Planning Toronto’s report A City Left Behind: Poverty Reduction, Election Promises, and the 2019 Budget looks at how well city council is doing in making progress on its election promises on poverty reduction.

Full report and Exec Summary are available online here: https://www.socialplanningtoronto.org/city_left_behind

Toronto Star published a piece on election promises https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2019/02/26/report-says-toronto-council-falling-behind-on-election-pledges-to-reduce-poverty.html

_______________________

_______________________

Canadian Tire and Home Depot: protect our health and pull toxic glyphosate from your shelves

https://actions.sumofus.org/a/canadian-tire-and-home-depot-protect-our-health-and-pull-toxic-glyphosate-from-your-shelves/

_______________________

_______________________

Activist Appreciation and Support Circle – on the 15th ann. of Tooker’s passing

Sun. March 3, 7 - 9 p.m.

Friends House, 60 Lowther (St. George Subway)

Activism takes enormous courage and strength. But activism can take its toll on our mental health and well-being. We’ve lost great activists including Dave Vasey and Tooker Gomberg. Many of us have or will experience burn out at some point. Let’s gather to share, support and celebrate each other. How do we manage intense emotions as activists, from personal events in our lives, to political issues and group dynamics? Let’s talk about self-compassion and share personal strategies that work. Join us for a stress free, calming, kind gathering. Facilitated by long-time activists Lyn Adamson and Angela Bischoff. Free, all welcome. Wheelchair accessible.

https://www.facebook.com/events/308525159702528/

Closing the Loop

Mon. March 4, 6 p.m.

OISE Auditorium, 252 Bloor St. West

Closing The Loop is the world's first feature length documentary on the circular economy, presented by Prof. Dr. Wayne Visser, a global sustainability expert, & Graham Ehlers Sheldon, a two-time Telly Award & Emmy Award winner. Features innovative cases on going from a take-make-waste linear economy to a borrow-use-return zero-waste economy.