Greenspiration News & Events: We are all nature

Angela Bischoff - OCAA angela at cleanairalliance.org
Mon Dec 12 10:24:43 EST 2022

🌎 COP15 Biodiversity Talks in Montreal 🌎

COP15: Trudeau Pledges $800M for Indigenous-Led Conservation Projects

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/dec/08/cop15-trudeau-pledges-510m-for-indigenous-led-conservation-projects

Interactive: Who wants what at the COP15 biodiversity summit

https://www.carbonbrief.org/interactive-who-wants-what-at-the-cop15-biodiversity-summit/

The biodiversity crisis in numbers - a visual guide

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/dec/06/the-biodiversity-crisis-in-numbers-a-visual-guide-aoe

Canada’s lead biodiversity negotiator on what’s needed at COP15

https://thenarwhal.ca/cop15-canada-lead-negotiator/

Seven ways to include nature in our economic choices - by Guy Dauncey

https://www.corporateknights.com/category-climate/seven-ways-leaders-can-save-biodiversity-cop15/

---------

“We Are Fighting for Freedom”: 2022 Nobel Laureates from Ukraine, Russia & Belarus in Their Own Words

https://www.democracynow.org/2022/12/12/nobel_peace_prize_russia_ukraine_belarus

Safety of Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant hangs in the balance

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/12/safety-of-zaporizhzhia-nuclear-plant-hangs-in-the-balance

SMRs - Small Modular Nuclear Reactors - Squandering Money Recklessly

https://www.cleanairalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/SMRs-handout.pdf

Biggest Spill in Keystone’s History Dumps Oil into Kansas Creek

https://www.theenergymix.com/2022/12/12/biggest-spill-in-keystones-history-dumps-oil-into-kansas-creek/

New Indigenous camp blocks Trans Mountain pipeline construction in Burnaby

https://www.stoptmx.ca/press-releases/

http://surl.li/eafey

Radical tactics are likely to help the climate movement, not hurt it

https://wagingnonviolence.org/2022/12/radical-tactics-arent-hurting-climate-movement-research/

Please support my work with a year-end donation to the Ontario Clean Air Alliance, working to create a renewable energy future

https://www.cleanairalliance.org/donate/

_______________________

_______________________

EVENTS

RALLY: Support our public hospitals, stop privatizing services!

Mon. Dec. 12, noon ET

585 University Ave, Toronto

The Ford gov't's policies are making the crisis in our hospitals worse. Force Ford to act urgently to support our public hospitals now and stop privatizing their services! Join healthcare providers, patients, advocates and all those who depend on public healthcare for themselves and their families in this emergency rally to defend our hard-fought for public healthcare system.

https://www.facebook.com/events/916280486007604/

_______________________

_______________________

We Are All Nature – An Intergenerational Conversation

Tues. Dec. 13, 6:30 p.m. ET

Join us for a free, livestream conversation with youth activists, elders and Indigenous land defenders talking about humanity’s place in the natural world, featuring David Suzuki, Severn Cullis-Suzuki, Lucy Tulugarjuk, Sipi Flamand and friends, from NatureCOP15, Montreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVpAz_CGxA

_______________________

_______________________

Future of the Island Airport

Tues. Dec. 13, 7 pm ET

Waterfront For All presents this event featuring Nicole Swerhun, president of Third Party Public discussing key issues regarding Billy Bishop Airport, including new safety regulations, the expiry of the 50-year lease, and other possible uses of the land.

https://www.waterfrontforall.ca/talking_the_future_of_island_airport?

_______________________

_______________________

Reducing your Home's Carbon Footprint: Learning from neighbours who are leading the way

Tues. Dec. 13, 8 - 9:30 pm ET

Online

For old houses, like the ones that dominate Harbord Village in Toronto, the journey towards NetZero emissions can seem daunting. The Harbord Village NetZero Committee is hosting a panel discussion with three homeowners from Harbord Village who have retrofitted their century homes to lower their carbon footprint. Hear what urbanites have to say about their journey and join us as we do what we can to address the climate crisis.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reducing-your-homes-carbon-footprint-tickets-473080495497

_______________________

_______________________

Mental Health Impacts of Climate Change

Tues. Dec. 13, 2 p.m. ET

Join Physicians for Social Responsibility to discover the mental health impacts of climate change, ethical behavior in times of crisis, and psychological tools you can leverage to inspire climate action.

https://psr-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdu6rrTwsHNSAATVXUdMh9p_j9IuzDL5O

_______________________

_______________________

Reusable Toronto - Shifting our city from single-use to reuse

Tues. Dec. 13, 7 p.m. ET

Join the Reusable Toronto initiative for an online event focused on how Toronto can ditch the disposables and make the shift towards reusables and a waste-free city.

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_EzBfb3BvRRCOqWnNA2vKzQ

_______________________

_______________________

Water Drop (In)

Wed. Dec. 14, 10 - 11:30 a.m. ET

Canadian Environmental Law Association meeting to discuss what's next with Bill 23 and the Greenbelt proposals.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYscu2rpjoqGNaRgBq8vLVzjLpI4hirH5Rf

_______________________

_______________________

Help Save the Osgoode Trees

Thur. Dec. 15, 1 p.m.

Queen and University, Toronto

Metrolinx plans to cut down the historic Osgoode Hall trees to excavate a large hole for the Ontario Line. Show how important the Osgoode Garden is to you and to wildlife in the heart of downtown Toronto. Join MPP Chris Glover, City Councillor Ausma Malik, and more.

_______________________

_______________________

Santa’s Cycling Good Cheer ride from the Far North

Sun. Dec. 18, noon - 2 p.m.

Meet at North York Centre and ride to City Hall, Toronto

Santa, his elves, and reindeer will be riding from North York Centre to Toronto City Hall for the Toronto Community Bikeways third annual Cycling Good Cheer ride. Riders can join at various places en route. This ride will be joined by the Scarborough Grinch and the Etobicoke Snowperson. The ride ends at Toronto City Hall.

https://www.communitybikewaysto.ca/events/cycling-good-cheer-2022

Group Ride with the Grinch - East Enders Join the ride

Sun. Dec. 18, 12:30 p.m.

Meet at Danforth and Victoria Park and ride to City Hall

https://www.facebook.com/events/714782163032288

_______________________

For the best Canadian climate and energy news, visit and subscribe to the Energy Mix newsletter.

http://theenergymix.com/

Democracy Now Daily Show - global peace, justice and enviro news

https://www.democracynow.org /

Blessings of the Season… See you in 2023!

-angela

---------