[Sust-mar] [Fwd: Tooker Memorial Meditation and Events]

Paul Falvo pfalvo at chebucto.ca
Tue Feb 28 00:25:45 EST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Tooker Memorial Meditation and Events
Date: 	Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:37:10 -0500
From: 	angela bischoff <greenspi at web.ca>

Check out my newly designed website: http://www.greenspiration.org/
Any comments or suggestions? Send 'em my way.
-angela

Tooker Memorial Meditation and Events
*
*On March 3, 2004, one of Canada's most daring and courageous political
figures,* Tooker Gomberg*, left this world. Two years later, his friends
and admirers are still left wondering why, and what can we learn.

We invite you to join in reflection, mourning and celebration of such an
exemplary writer, activist, politician, public speaker and advocate for
a better world.

If you're in Toronto, please join us at these free public events. But if
you're not, please consider doing on your own the* Dream Big Meditation*
http://www.greenspiration.org/memorial/rituals/DreamBigMeditation.html ,
which was written in Tooker's honor.

As many of you will remember, Tooker was the master of dreaming big. He
courageously envisioned and articulated a world that was attractive,
playful, healthy, compassionate and green. While his actions and
advocacy focused on achievable results (a bike lane here or green bins
there), his vision for just and sustainable communities was grand and
compelling.

Let's take a lesson from Tooker's toolbox and envision the world we want
-- to inspire us to create it!

~~~~~~~~~

- Wed. March 1, 2006, 7:30 p.m.
*Memorial Ritual and Dream Big Meditation*
Quaker House, 60 Lowther Avenue, Toronto (just NE of St. George and Bloor)

~~~~~~~~~

- Fri. March 3, 2006, 2 p.m.
*TaketheTooker Launch*, a bicycle expressway along Bloor and Danforth,
Toronto
Meet at Bloor and Yonge, line-painting demonstration
http://takethetooker.ca

~~~~~~~~~~~

- Fri. March 3, 2006, 7:30 p.m.
*Canadian Premiere* film -* Prescription: Suicide?* - a feature
documentary telling stories of children who became suicidal shortly
after beginning antidepressant drugs.* Director Robert Manciero will be
in attendance.*
Woodsworth College Residence , University of Toronto
321 Bloor St W, Rm 35, downstairs (SE corner of Bloor and St George)
http://www.prescriptionsuicide.com/

---

/*Prescription: Suicide?*/ is an unprecedented feature documentary built
around personal stories of six American families, their hopes and
experiences with anti-depressant drugs prescribed to their children.

The filmmakers have weaved together six distinct stories of real people
and real experiences. They have captured a sense of the arguments in an
ongoing controversy that affects millions of Americans in a documentary
that ultimately asks the question if these so-called revolutionary
medications can be used safely.

"This isn't a story about money or big pharmaceutical corporations",
says director Robert Manciero, "it's a story about tragedies in
individual families like you and me and our kids."

Some people call antidepressants "miracle" drugs. But are they? How have
they affected others in our community, like the beloved Tooker Gomberg,
who suicided after 5 weeks on an antidepressant that agitated him?

/*Prescription: Suicide?*/ was produced and directed by Robert Manciero
and Rich Samuels with David Garland as co-producer.

-----

--

MGP Hearing BLOG http://www.mackenziewild.ca/postings
Join the Sierra Club http://www.sierraclub.ca/join