[Sust-mar] Anniv. Events Coord., Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Feb 1 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jan 19 16:34:08 EST 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
[plus topical links and resources, below - ed ]

JOB POSTING

35th Anniversary Events Coordinator
Ecology Action Centre

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Jan 19, 2006
Application deadline: Feb 1, 2006, 4pm
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is Nova Scotia's largest
and most active environmental organization. Since 1971,
the EAC has been working to build a healthier, more
sustainable Nova Scotia.

The EAC will celebrate our 35th anniversary in 2006.
To mark this milestone, we will be hosting a series of
celebratory events within HRM and around the province.
We are looking for an extremely well-organized individual
to coordinate and support our 35th Anniversary
celebrations over the next year, and to ensure coordination
between the various people and activities involved.

Coordinator responsibilities will include:

* Co-organizing anniversary events - these will include a
35th anniversary celebration, the capital campaign launch in
Spring 2006, numerous committee-level celebrations, several
follow-up fundraising events, and public tours of the new
building
* Coordinating with EAC issue committees, staff and board to
publicize and promote 35th anniversary activities
* Assisting Membership and Outreach Coordinator in creating
membership campaign around 35th anniversary celebrations
* Coordinating with Capital Campaign Committee to ensure
that events are integrated with fundraising and donor
recognition
* Preparing and distributing presentation materials and
press releases
* Creating and maintaining databases of guests, media
contacts and potential donors
* Researching potential supporters and event partners
* Coordinating and following up on related meetings
* Other related administrative duties as required

Skills and Attributes Required:

* Superlative organizational skills, including the ability
to balance multiple tasks and deadlines
* Great people skills, especially the ability to help staff
and volunteers in meeting deadlines, and to work with a wide
range of people
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Self-starter, poised, confident, and adaptable
* Good computer skills; experience with Access, Excel or
other database programs an asset
* Experience working in a non-profit environment is an
asset
* Interest in environmental issues is also a definite
advantage

This position is a full-time (35 hrs/week) for a six month
term (February - September 2006). Pay is $413/week. This
position is funded through the HRDC Job Creation Program.
Applicants must be unemployed and either in receipt of EI or
past recipients of EI or parental benefits (within the last
3 years).

Application deadline: 1st February 2006, 4pm

Please submit your resume and cover letter to:

Maggy Burns
1568 Argyle St., Suite 31
Halifax, NS B3J 2B3
steerclean at ecologyaction.ca
Fax: (902) 422-6410

We thank all applicants for their interest but only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.

For more information about the EAC please visit:
http://www.ecologyaction.ca

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Ecology Action Centre (Nova Scotia)
http://www.ecologyaction.ca

~~~

Nova Scotia Environmental Groups & Organizations
http://www.web.net/~nsen/membership/membership2.html
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/EnvCCN.shtml
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/SCN/CommLink/
http://listingsca.com/Nova-Scotia/Science_and_Humanities/Environment/
http://www.gov.ns.ca/greenweb/

Halifax, Nova Scotia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax
http://directory.google.ca/Top/Regional/North_America/Canada/Nova_Scotia/Localities/H/Halifax/

~~~~~

Environmental Events, Conferences & Workshops across Canada
http://www.planetfriendly.net/calendar/
http://www.planetfriendly.net/directory.html#events
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Conferences/

Organizing Events, Conferences, Workshops - Resources
http://www.planetfriendly.net/promote.html

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada
http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer
http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet
http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ bringing people together over ideas that matter ~

Listing ID: 1631