[Sust-mar] social justice youth camp

Margaret Tusz King margaret at tatacentre.ca
Tue Jul 25 14:16:22 EDT 2006

Please encourage leadership by sending your up-and-coming youth leaders to this great Tatamagouche Centre event!

Margaret Tusz-King
Program Director
Tatamagouche Centre

Social Justice Youth Gathering
August 27-31, 2006
Tatamagouche Centre

You want to know more about what's going on in the world.
You want to learn how to do something about it.
This is the camp for you.

Youth from Atlantic Canada (ages 15-19) are invited to come to
Tatamagouche Centre to explore the issues and learn how to make changes in
their communities and in the world.  There'll be some talking, but mostly
we'll be doing: learning about racism, sexism, poverty and the environment,
building alliances, learning tactics, having fun and developing strategies for change.

Camp Coordinators: Matt Sheridan-Jonah, Airin Stephens, Becky Lavers
Camp Facilitators: Diane Simon, Gitpu Nevin, Emma Strople, Kofi Hope

Cost: $200-$300 (sliding scale). Let us know if this is a problem for you - we want you to be here.

For more information, or to register call 1-800-218-2220 or www.tatacentre.ca