[Sust-mar] IT'S COOL TO WALK AND WHEEL TO SCHOOL

Janet Barlow asrts at ecologyaction.ca
Wed Sep 13 14:42:05 EDT 2006

IT'S COOL TO WALK AND WHEEL TO SCHOOL

Students across Nova Scotia will walk & wheel to school during International
Walk to School Week from October 2 to 6, 2006.

Schools may register at www.goforgreen.ca/walktoschool or
asrts at ecologyaction.ca. Registered schools are eligible to win lots of neat
prizes.

Schools with breakfast programs are encouraged to hold a Walk to Breakfast
event this year to connect healthy eating and physical activity.

Last year over 2,000 schools across Canada and 137 in Nova Scotia
participated in Walk to School Week. They walked for environment, health and
safety.

International Walk to School Week is an initiative of Active & Safe Routes
to School, coordinated in Nova Scotia by the Ecology Action Centre in
partnership with the Nova Scotia Department of Health Promotion and
Protection as part of the Active Kids Healthy Kids Initiative.
www.ecologyaction.ca/asrts.

-30-

Janet Barlow
Active & Safe Routes to School Coordinator
asrts at ecologyaction.ca
www.ecologyaction.ca/asrts
Tel: (902) 442-5055     Fax: (902) 405-3716
Ecology Action Centre, 2705 Fern Lane, Halifax, NS  B3K 4L3