[Sust-mar] Atlantic Organizer, f/t, Green Party of Canada, Atlantic Canada, Oct 15 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Sep 18 11:46:35 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Atlantic Organizer
       http://www.greenparty.ca

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Sep 15, 2006
Application deadline: Oct 15, 2006

Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Job Title: Atlantic Organizer
Job Location: Atlantic Canada
Number of Positions: 1

Date Posted: Sept 15th, 2006
Application Deadline: Oct 15th, 2006
Languages: Fluency in English required.
    Bilingualism strongly preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications
    and experience

Details:

The Atlantic Organizer will be a member of a dynamic
and progressive team working for sustainable change.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of this
team and will be responsible for candidate recruitment,
pre-screening, support and training for Canada's Atlantic
region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and
Newfoundland and Labrador). It is the responsibility of
the Atlantic Organizer to ensure that the GPC has quality
candidates and campaigns in all 32 ridings in the Atlantic
Region, striving to achieve the demographic representation
set out by the GPC. The successful applicant will also be
responsible for overseeing all local nomination processes.

The Atlantic Organizer will provide support and assistance
in forming, registering and training Electoral District
Associations (EDAs). The organizer shall maintain
confidentiality of all personal/strategic information and
shall report to the Director of Organizing on a weekly
basis. During an election period, the organizer will ensure
that all candidates have filed their nomination papers and
paid their deposits to the receiver general on-time.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Previous experience as an organizer, campaign manager,
field or phone canvasser preferred, but not necessary.
Strong leadership, organizing, and communication skills
a must. The successful applicant will be a self-starter
and be a strong team-player.

Must not be a member of another federal political party.

Language: Oral fluency, reading and writing ability in
English is essential, bilingualism strongly preferred.

HOW TO APPLY:

E-mail a resume and cover letter to:
Matt.Takach at greenparty.ca

We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Applications received will be screened based on
information provided. Please ensure you include all
relevant details about your qualifications for this position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Green Party of Canada (GPC) / Parti Vert du Canada (PVC)
http://www.greenparty.ca / http://www.partivert.ca

~~~~~

Green Parties Worldwide
Article & Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_party
Links: http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Politics/Green/Parties/

Political Parties, Elections & Democracy
http://www.planetvote.net
http://www.planetvote.net/portal.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Politics_of_Canada
http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/North_America/Canada/Society_and_Culture/Politics/

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 2994