[Sust-mar] James Howard Kunstler on Eastlink TV this week

steerclean at ecologyaction.ca steerclean at ecologyaction.ca
Mon Jul 9 10:23:02 EDT 2007

This really is worth watching...

(Forwarded message begins)

Dear Friends,

We had the opportunity to hear James Howard Kunstler's engaging
keynote address on "Sustainability, Development and the North
American Urban Condition," to the Nova Sctotia Planning Directors
Association Planning Conference, May 17, 2007, at the Lord Nelson Hotel.

Several people wanted to know when this talk would be broadcast on
Eastlink TV Channel 10, Podium TV.

The dates and times are:

July 9-13 at 8:30 am
July 9-12 at 4:30 pm
July 10-12 at 9:00 pm

James Howard Kunstler is originally from New York City and now lives
in Upstate New York. He's written several books, including "The
Geography of Nowhere." His latest book is "The Long Emergency," on
Peak Oil and the need for relocalization. Many of us first saw him speak in the documentary,
"The End of Suburbia."

This particular talk also addresses issues of the built environment
and urban architecture. We thoroughly enjoyed
 it and found it very informative.

- Janet & Hudson Shotwell
--
Ian Rowberry, Ecology Action Centre
Steer Clean Program Coordinator

Are you a member of the EAC? We need your
support to continue our work! Please join,
renew or donate today. Call (902) 429-2202
http://ecologyaction.ca/membership.shtm