[Sust-mar] Fwd: Climate Change Campaign

energy at ecologyaction.ca energy at ecologyaction.ca
Sat Nov 3 13:03:33 EDT 2007

Under 2 degrees C: Keep Canada in Kyoto.

Under 2 degrees C
Scientists from around the world have determined that if the world's current
air temperature rises by more than 2 degrees C (from pre-industrial levels),
we may be unable to reverse the effects of climate change.

Keep Canada in Kyoto
 From December 3rd to 14th, world leaders will decide on the next
environmental targets for Kyoto.  These targets will help guide us  in
preventing a climate crisis.  Unfortunately Canada is looking to abandon
Kyoto all together.  For the safety of our planet, this decision is
unacceptable.

Staying under 2 degrees C means staying in Kyoto.

We have established a blog where people can share their thoughts on climate
change, post images of climate change in their own neck of the woods, and
find out how they can contact their politicians.  A recent survey of
Canadians showed that the environment is the most important issue to them,
however politicians aren't hearing this message from their constituents.
Please visit the website for information, and stay tuned for more on this
campaign in November!

www.under2c.blogspot.com

Please spread the word about our campaign to your committees, and to any
interested parties across the country- leave a message on our blog, and
please call your politicians!!  Canada in Kyoto!!!