[Sust-mar] Ecology Action Centre Press Releases

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Dec 24 13:26:03 EST 2008

Best wishes to all Sust-Martians for a happy and sustainable Christmas,
Holiday season, and 2009!

Sust-mar also has another reason to celebrate. Recently, for the first
time ever, the sust-mar membership climbed to over 500 subscribers. This
is great news and another indicator that ever more Maritimers are moving
their thinking towards real sustainability.

As usually happens, when we move into the Holiday season the sust-mar
traffic decreases noticeably. No worries, we all have lots going on
right now and I'm sure the messages will be coming in fast and furious
as we move into January.

In the meantime, here's a couple links to recent press releases from the
Ecology Action Centre:

How we fish matters: Addressing the Ecological Impacts of Canadian
Fishing Gear

http://www.ecologyaction.ca/files/images/file/Marine/HWF%20Press%20Release%20Final.doc

Immediate Crisis Needs Long Term Solution: Sustainable Infrastructure is
needed as we enter a Low Carbon Future:

http://www.ecologyaction.ca/files/images/file/Transportation/15%20Dec_%202008%20-%20Media%20Release%20-%20Immediate%20Crisis%20Needs%20Long%20Term%20Solution(1).doc