[Sust-mar] Native Wisdom and Climate Change

Margaret Tusz King margaret at tatacentre.ca
Wed Apr 15 08:42:15 EDT 2009

You are welcome to an inspiring and challenging day, hosted by the Aboriginal Rights Coalition - Atlantic.

Margaret Tusz-King
Program Director
Tatamagouche Centre

Two-Eyed Seeing - Native Wisdom as our Climate Changes
May 2, 10am - 4pm
Tatamagouche Centre

Western science and technology has led us to where we are today - a world of pollution, imbalance, extinctions and threatening climate change. We fear that the knowledge that got us here will not get us out! Welcome to a vision that integrates our prevailing understandings with Traditional Indigenous Worldviews. Two-Eyed Seeing brings together the guiding principles, knowledge and strengths of indigenous worldviews with those of Western science and technology, offering us a more complete picture of our world - and so a more complete approach toward the proper care for our planet.

When we integrate our perspectives, we can more easily integrate ourselves, and move forward together to heal our planet.

Join the Aboriginal Rights Coalition - Atlantic, for this truly cross-cultural experience of our world! Led by Elders Albert and Murdena Marshall, we will learn about Two-Eyed Seeing, and then peer through this lens as we examine our world, our relationships and our ways forward together. All are welcome to this accessible, inclusive gathering.

Albert Marshall and Murdena Marshall are Elders of Eskasoni First Nation, who helped to establish and teach Two-Eyed Seeing in the Integrative Science program at Cape Breton University. Albert Marshall is a 2009 recipient of the Eco-Hero Award for Nova Scotia. For an introduction to Two-Eyed Seeing, view a video at: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4641523553883632087.

Cost: $40 (includes program, lunch and snacks)

To register, please contact Tatamagouche Centre at 1-800-218-2220 or www.tatacentre.ca.

The Aboriginal Rights Coalition - Atlantic is a cross-cultural organization that works toward peace and justice between First Nations and non-Aboriginal people, through education, solidarity and relationship-building activities. For more information, please contact Shirley Childs at childse at nbnet.nb.ca.