[Sust-mar] FOSSIL FOOLS FILM FEST, Halifax, Oct 20 - Nov 4

Peter Watson pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 19 12:26:29 EDT 2009

FOSSIL FOOLS FILM FEST : ENJOY, LEARN, ACT

(presented by EAC's Energy Issues Committee)

All films will take place at THE HUB, 1673 BARRINGTON ST., Halifax, 2nd
floor (over Certainly Discussions to follow films.  $2.00 donation
suggested.

Tuesday, October 20 at 7 pm

o     A Crude Awakening:  The Oil Crash-an award-winning documentary about
peak oil.  80 minutes.

o    Captain Carbon-a short lesson delivered by Halifax teens, with Captain
Carbon showing us how to reduce our carbon footprint.  10 minutes.

Wednesday, October 28 at 7 pm

o    Kilowatt Ours-an award-winning film that provides a solutions-oriented
look at energy, one of our most pressing environmental challenges.  56
minutes.

o     Decentralized Energy: What are we Waiting For?-a short film put out by
Greenpeace that sets out a clear argument for decentralized energy. 18
minutes.

Wednesday, November 4 at 7 pm

o    Home-a visually stunning and emotionally stirring documentary tracing
the impact of human activity on the environment and calling for action to
avoid irreversible harm.   93 minutes.