[Sust-mar] CBC News - Nova Scotia - Baseball team booted off peninsula

Paul Falvo falvo at yk.com
Sat Apr 3 20:09:43 EDT 2010

A minor-league baseball team in Halifax says it's getting kicked off its
diamond to make way for a Canada Games facility.

The Conrose Minor Baseball League Bantam team normally plays on diamond
number five on the Halifax Common.

The president of the league said Friday that the Halifax Regional
Municipality has told the team it needs to find a new home field.

"The kids are getting the boot. And our beer-drinking slow pitch guys,
who have cars and can travel anywhere, get to stay. So to me, that's a
problem," said Tim Reardon.

[. . .]

The city has suggested the team use another field, either in Spryfield
or Clayton Park, but that doesn't sit well with Reardon.

[. . .]

Most of the players, who are aged 14 to 15, live within five blocks of
the Halifax Common, Reardon said. They usually walk or bike to games.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/04/02/ns-baseball-team-booted.html#socialcomments