[Sust-mar] TAKE ACTION for a NS Pesticide Ban - only two weeks left

Barbara Harris bharris at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 21 21:25:49 EST 2010

NS Provincial Pesticide Ban - TAKE ACTION NOW to make it happen!

If you haven't yet responded to the consultation on whether to ban
lawn pesticides throughout NS, there is just two weeks left to let the
government know --

YES, WE WANT A BAN ON SALE AND USE OF UNNECESSARY LAWN PESTICIDES.

The government's consultation on whether to ban lawn pesticides ends
March 7. The Landscape Industry is hard at work spreading
misinformation to oppose the ban. You may have seen the article from
Landscape Nova Scotia in the Chronicle Herald with the claim that
vinegar is twice as toxic as Roundup.

We need everyone who supports a ban to respond to the consultation.
NUMBERS COUNT!

PLEASE, take a minute right now to reply to the consultation with this
core message:

  "I agree that NS should ban the sale and use of cosmetic pesticides.
Cosmetic pesticides pose an unnecessary risk to our health and our
environment."

Then add a sentence (or more) that reflects why YOU care about this
issue. Are you a parent, a grandparent, a health professional, a
person with chemical sensitivities or asthma, a cancer survivor, a
person who wants a healthier planet - maybe all of the above.

Send your message to
Email to Policy at gov.ns.ca
Phone: 1-888-320-0555
Fax: (902) 424-0644
  or respond on line at https://www.gov.ns.ca/nse/pests/comments.asp

The government's position paper is available on line at http://www.gov.ns.ca/nse/pests/discussing.pesticides.asp
.

Check out the Cancer Society's Pesticide Free video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU24HbMxwcE
  .

But first, SEND YOUR EMAIL TO THE GOVERNMENT! If you have responded
already, thanks.

Please pass this on to anyone you know who wants a healthier
environment in Nova Scotia.