[Sust-mar] Taste Our Island Award 2013 - Nominations Close Friday August 23

IBS ibs_pei at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 11:39:38 EDT 2013

Taste Our Island Award 2013 - Nominations Close Friday August 23 - Enter
 Chance to Win a Ticket to the 'Roving Feast,' Awards Ceremony
Nominations
 will close Friday August 23 for the The PEI ADAPT Council 7th Annual
Taste Our Island award.  This prestigious and much sought after award
recognizes the Island’s best innovative chefs and restaurateurs who are
supporting our local food system.
The winners receive a full page
article in the PEI Tourism Guidebook (100,000 readership), and the
beautiful “Taste Our Island” commemorative handcrafted plate

The
judging criterion objectively evaluates how supportive the
chef/restaurant is in promoting a local, sustainable food system. Each
nominee is evaluated on the percentage of Island foods included on
menus, how creatively the local foods initiative is profiled and how
well the use of local foods is advertised and promoted to customers.
Anyone
 who knows a chef or restaurant that meets the above description, can
submit a nomination by visiting the ADAPT website at
www.peiadapt.com/taste.htm, or find a form at various restaurants and
locations around the Island this summer.

For more info please contact tasteourisland at gmail.com.

Phil Ferraro and Nancy Willis
Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd.
114 Upper Prince Street, Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island Canada  C1A 4S3
"Restoring Community, Protecting the Land and Informing the Earth’s Stewards"
www.ibspei.ca