[sust-mar] Mktg. & Social Justice Coordinator, Tatamagouche Centre, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Feb 12 15:09:22 EST 2018

* Work in social and environmental sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING / CONTRACT
https://GoodWork.ca/951144

Position: Marketing and Social Justice Program Coordinator
Location: Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Contract Duration: March 26 – October 12, 2018

Hours: 30 Hours/week during regular office hours. (During scheduled programs, some evening & weekend hours are required, up to 48 hours/week – up to 3 times during the contract.)

Wage: $20/hour

Deadline for Applications: February 18th at midnight

Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Promotion of the Tatamagouche Centre and Tatamagouche Centre Programs:
• Design attractive promotional materials
• Market the Centre’s social enterprise activities
• Promote our programs through traditional and social media
• Solicit program registrations
• Program Coordination:
• Coordinate all aspects of Social Justice Youth Camp (SJYC), including:
• Engage in fundraising activities
• Selecting and supervising camp leaders
• Take a collaborative leadership approach to planning and implementing SJYC
• Coordinate and support other Centre programs and projects
• Collaborate with program facilitators, board, and staff to assist with program development as required
• Other duties as required!

This position reports to the Executive Director.

Requirements:
• A driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Relevant educational background - or equivalent experience
• A cell phone and a strong command of email, google docs, and Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrated skills in promotion and design of promotional materials. (Examples will be requested during the interview process.)
• Experience with program coordination, group facilitation, and working with youth
• Capacity to work positively across differences such as: race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, age, size, and socio-economic class.
• A well-developed anti-racism/anti-oppression analysis and relevant skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills, and effective writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work from our Tatamagouche office 75% of the time.

Assets of Applicants:

Any or all of the following skills and experiences are an asset:
• Involvement in community groups, the arts, and/or social justice movements
• Experience working in team environments
• Ability to communicate in French – verbally and in writing
• Public speaking & presentation skills
• Experience managing program budgets
• Collaborative leadership style

Employment Equity

The Tatamagouche Centre has a policy of employment equity in the calling/appointment of all staff positions to eliminate discriminatory employment barriers and practices and improve the participation of any person regardless of race, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Please indicate in your cover letter if you would like to be considered under our employment equity policy.

About the Tatamagouche Centre:

Mission Statement

Open to the spirit, rooted in the gospel tradition, Tatamagouche Centre is an education and retreat centre which invites and challenges people from diverse backgrounds to personal wholeness, right relationships, respect for creation, and justice in the world.

Inclusion Statement

Through the full welcome and inclusion of all people, Tatamagouche Centre offers its hospitality to everyone, works for the justice of all people, and joyfully affirms and celebrates human diversity in sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender [expression & identity], ability, race, religion, and age, regardless of economic situation.

The Tatamagouche Centre is an educational centre focused on personal and social transformation. Located in the eclectic rural community of Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia, at the intersections of the beautiful Waugh and French Rivers. In addition to offering program, seminars, and training events, we also host activities of other organizations.

We have come through a challenging time and are looking for a person willing to help us on our journey into a vital future, and to help us to do the transformational work that the world needs. Our small staff team works positively together, and we work hard to be an empowering and productive work place. We are a non-profit organization with charitable status. We an accredited education centre of the United Church of Canada. We are also the organizational home of three affiliated groups: Breaking the Silence – Maritimes - Guatemala Solidarity Network, The Peace and Friendship Project, and Contemplative Pathways.

To Apply:

Send resume and cover letter to info at tatacentre.ca or mail to Tatamagouche Centre, 159 Loop Road 6, Tatamagouche, NS B0K 1V0. If mailing, applications must arrive by Monday, February 19th.

Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.

https://GoodWork.ca/951144

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=44115

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca