[sust-mar] Open Position: Board Member - Centre for Local Prosperity

robert at centreforlocalprosperity.ca robert at centreforlocalprosperity.ca
Mon Feb 20 10:44:18 EST 2023

The Centre for Local Prosperity <https://centreforlocalprosperity.ca/> assists small, local and rural communities across Atlantic Canada with re-localizing their economies and developing climate readiness.  We do this via direct community work, workshops, conferences and studies.

In these times, a new model for community economy is rapidly being defined around the world.  It begins with the key word – ‘localization’. It then spreads to localization of various aspects of the economy, economic infrastructure, community governance and citizen engagement.

Two cornerstone tenants of the New Economic Model are ‘locally-owned’ and ‘import replacement.’ These cornerstones are fully synergistic with the needs for communities to prepare for the increasing effects of the climate crisis. CLP works at the forefront of assisting communities in gaining agency for their future.

We are looking for a Board Member to help us steward the organization, build plans, and act as ambassadors to support our incredible team of staff and advisors.  This is a volunteer position.  The Board Member should be located within one of the four Atlantic Canada provinces.

The position requires a minimum 1 year commitment, with the potential for renewal each year.  Board meetings are quarterly, and held virtually, with a plan to meet in person at least once per year.  Committees of the Board are formed on an ad hoc basis and meet as needed (average of 2-5 hrs/month, depending on Committee).  Volunteer commitment varies, and is dependent on interest, skills, and your own capacity.

Ideally, you have a demonstrated commitment to climate change and/or local community development issues, and familiarity with CLP.  Experience in non-profit policies, planning, HR, fundraising, events, financial management and/or marketing are highly valuable.

If you join our Board, your work will have an immediate, tangible impact on a small organization which is gaining a large regional footprint.  And you will have an opportunity to build meaningful, localized connections by plugging into our growing network.

Any questions can be directed to:

Executive Director:  Robert Cervelli  robert at centreforlocalprosperity.ca <mailto:robert at centreforlocalprosperity.ca>
Apply: Please send a letter of intent to robert at centreforlocalprosperity.ca <mailto:robert at centreforlocalprosperity.ca> for consideration.

If a board position is not appropriate, but you are interested in being involved in other ways, please feel free to also reach out about other volunteer opportunities.

Thank you;

Robert Cervelli
Executive Director
Centre for Local Prosperity <http://www.centreforlocalprosperity.ca/>

We are in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq people