[sust-mar] Environmental management, environmental science, biology and natural resource management jobs

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Feb 24 20:05:26 EST 2023

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Job Posting, Full-time, Moncton
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/965176

Hiring: Project Manager / Gestionnaire de projet
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Language: Bilingualism is considered an asset, but not required for this position.

The Petitcodiac Watershed Alliance (PWA) is a registered environmental charity that restores and protects the ecological services of the water systems that flow into the Shepody Bay through science-based research, action, and public outreach. Currently celebrating our 25th year of incorporation, we have a strong history of impact in the region and are looking forward with renewed energy toward our next chapters as an organization. For more information about the Petitcodiac Watershed Alliance, please visit our website.

We are currently seeking a motivated Project Manager to assist the Executive Director (ED) in the management of the PWA, providing leadership, input, and support on day-to-day operations as well as long-term strategic plans. This is an ongoing, full-time, middle-management position starting at $22/hour based out of our vibrant downtown Moncton office with flexible schedule and location when work responsibilities allow.

Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by sending their resume and cover letter to info at petitcodiacwatershed.org . Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.

Position Overview:

1.Support for the Executive Director
• Assist the ED in developing, planning, overseeing, and implementing the goals and programs of the Petitcodiac Watershed Alliance.
• Assist the ED in advancing PWA funding and partnership efforts, collaborative initiatives, public interaction, and administrative responsibilities.
• Planning, organization, and supervision of staff to achieve the overall objectives and activities of our projects, as directed by the Executive Director.
• Keep up to date on all matters of direct relevance to environmental management and policy, including research and analyses.

2.Financial Management and Project Planning
• Help the ED identify and prepare project funding proposals to government and non-government funding agencies.
• Take a leadership role in managing and administering all PWA environmental projects, including a responsibility to delegate tasks, develop and manage project ideas, timelines, budgets, and schedules, and determine fieldwork and regulatory permits required for projects with ED and other PWA staff.
• Help PWA staff identify opportunities for education and outreach.

3. Health & Safety Management:
• Develop and maintain the PWA’s health and safety program in coordination with the NB OHS Act.
• Conduct Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs), Risk Assessments (RAs), and Safety Audits (SAs) to minimize risks to employees.
• Provide and Schedule safety training for staff.

4.Human Resources
• Aid the ED in hiring, supervising and managing staff and contractors of the PWA within the relevant policies.
• Keep the orientation program up-to-date, providing orientation & training, and relaying information for staff performance reviews.
• Act as first point of contact for HR.
• Assist ED in creating and updating organizational policies.
• Support PWA staff with the creation of and progress in learning and career goals.
• Maintain and deliver an effective volunteer management and engagement plan.

5.Other Related Duties:
• When funding or organizational workload requires, the Project Manager may also take the lead on a project of their own.
• Adherence to all PWA policies (funder recognition, safety, non-discrimination, etc.).
• Perform other duties requested by the ED.

Qualifications:

Education/Certification:
• A relevant post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in a relevant field such as but not limited to environmental science, biology, or natural resource management or certification in project management with extensive relevant environmental management experience.

Experience Required:
• At least 3 years of experience working in community-based/ non-profit organizations and delivering scientific projects.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing work plans, creating funding proposals and networking.

Skills/Abilities:
• Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision after initial training to meet project objectives within deadlines and budgets.
• Ability to coach team members to strengthen their abilities and skill sets while providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
• Possess the ability to communicate appropriately and represent the PWA at meetings and other functions. Bilingualism is considered an asset, but not required for this position.
• Have a valid driver’s licence and a vehicle and be willing to travel independently.
• Maintain a proper balance of tasks and budgets for various projects, an efficient planner, and highly organized in all aspects of the job.
• Possess strong skills in Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with project management tools, platforms, and frameworks.
• Good conflict resolution skills.
• Very responsible, accountable, reliable, organized, and efficient.
• Effective problem solver.
• Experience with scientific monitoring and field work (observations, data collection, and final reports).
• Data management/analysis abilities and environmental monitoring certifications are an asset.
• Good or better understanding of grant writing and other fundraising methods.
• Eagerness to grow and learn.

Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, racialized, or marginalized individuals are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At the Petitcodiac Watershed Alliance we strive to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/965176

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca