[sust-mar] Organic, regenerative farming jobs in Nova Scotia and across Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Jan 18 13:48:11 EST 2023

* Work in local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

Grow Food, Grow Local -- Hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/GrowFood
https://FoodWork.ca/998566

Hiring: Organic farm help
Farm: Good Clean Farm

Location: Salmon River (Near Truro), Nova Scotia
Housing: If coming from away we can discuss living arrangements, or assist with finding accomodations.

The Farm

Good Clean Farm is a small scale organic farm that goes to the Truro Farmers' Market year round and runs a 40 person CSA for 18 weeks between June and October. We don't use a tractor so most work is done by hand and with hand tools. We grow 50+ crops in the field, a greenhouse and a smaller hoophouse. The farm is run primarily by Brendan, with a day or so a week of help from his partner Angharad.

Job Description

Looking for a farmer (or an individual with a strong desire to learn about organic farming) for the 2023 growing season. The job starts the first week of April and goes until the end of October. Average 35 hours a week, somewhat flexible depending on needs. Mostly Monday to Friday but some Saturday markets (in lieu of a weekday) will be needed. The job requires lots of lifting, kneeling, standing and repetitive tasks. Some days our tasks are dictated by the weather, and other days we need to grin an bear a downpour to get a harvest done for market.

Generally April to June will be lots of bed prep (composting beds, digging problematic weeds), transplanting, and some harvesting for market. Later in June to October will be maintaining crops by weeding, pruning, trellising, and we will harvest and wash vegetables up to three days a week.

Most of the work will be with Brendan starting out, but as the worker gets to know the invidual tasks more and more work will be done alone.

We offer $14 an hour. Half hour paid lunch.

Ideal candidate doesn't have to have any experience farming, but would need to be able to prove a good work ethic and some kind of production experience. Interest in organic farming is important. Needs to be self motivated, work at a fast pace, and enjoy working in rain, mud, sunshine and with bugs.

If coming from away we can discuss living arrangements, or assist with finding accomodations.

Perks include free vegetables, and there's a great swimming hole across the road from the farm.

How to apply

Send a resume to info at goodcleanfarm.com include a cover letter, or write in the body of the email why you'd like to come work at our farm.

Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.

https://FoodWork.ca/GrowFood
https://FoodWork.ca/998566

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/998566

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca