[sust-mar] Conservation summer students and biology summer jobs

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Apr 29 22:52:14 EDT 2024

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

JOBS & SUMMER JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/965017

Position: Coastal Stewardship Biologist (Undergraduate Student Opportunity)
Type: age 30 & under / summer
Location: Bouctouche, near Moncton, New Brunswick

Are you looking to channel your skills into meaningful, energizing work that will directly contribute to protecting our natural world? Do you want to work with an exceptional group of passionate and caring colleagues, while gaining valuable hands-on work experience? If so, this position may be for you!

Birds Canada is the country's premier national organization dedicated to bird conservation. Every day, our thousands of caring donors, 80+ dedicated staff, and 70,000+ outstanding volunteers are taking action to help us better understand, appreciate, and conserve birds and their habitats. Together, we are Canada's Voice for Birds - will you join us?

POSITION OVERVIEW

The Birds Canada South East New Brunswick Piping Plover program is seeking the support of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and personable candidate for the role of Coastal Stewardship Biologist. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to connect with local partners and will also work with local volunteers to support Birds Canada's monitoring and conservation activities. Working closely with an interdisciplinary team of experienced biologists, the candidate will help advance national and regional conservation objectives for these species.

The Stewardship Biologist will be responsible for their own housing in southeast New Brunswick ("SENB") and must have access to their own vehicle. Field work will involve long days of hiking on many beaches in SENB. The successful candidate should be comfortable talking to members of the public in both French and English.

EMPLOYMENT DETAILS

This full-time, fixed term 8-week Bouctouche NB based position will start on 27 May and end on 20 July, 2024. Depending on funding, the position may be extended by 1-4 weeks. Early applications are encouraged and applications will be considered until the position is filled.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Primary responsibilities include conducting field surveys for two at risk species (Piping Plover and Bank Swallow) and migrating shorebirds, and educating the public on these species and their stewardship. This position will provide excellent career-building experience for candidates interested in wildlife conservation, species at risk recovery, habitat/ ecosystem management, and/or environmental education and stewardship.

Under supervision of BSC's SE NB Project Coordinator, the Coastal Stewardship Biologist will:

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/965017

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca