EQUIFLASH [MEMBER INPUT NEEDED ON COUNCIL ADVISORY COMMITTEES FOR THE 2012-2015 COUNCIL TERM]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Nov 2 16:59:06 EDT 2012

--------------------------------
MEMBER INPUT NEEDED ON COUNCIL ADVISORY COMMITTEES FOR THE 2012-2015
COUNCIL TERM
--------------------------------
As explained in the President's column in the Spring 2012 EQ
(http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/EquityLibrary/Newsletters/EQ/2012/EQSprin
g041712.pdf), and in the Council Link blog
(http://www.councilconnection.blogspot.ca/2012/04/new-council-advisory-s
tructure-planned.html), Equity is changing its advisory structure from
the habitual roster of regional committees, to a flexible slate of
issue- or action-based advisories.

These advisories will be struck as needed throughout the Council term,
and report directly to Council. They can be regional, national,
discipline or community-specific, as appropriate for the topic.

Equity's incoming Council needs to know which advisories you think
should be the first to be created. You can suggest an issue, purpose, or
any other topic you think would be a useful focal point for committee
work. It's wide open.

Members in good standing are urged to visit EQUITYONLINE
(http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Governance/2012AdvisorySurveyMOZ-2.aspx)
and complete the brief questionnaire. Or give Equity's National Office a
call at 1-800-387-1856 (416-867-9165 in Toronto) and let them know you
have a suggestion for a Council Advisory. We have set-up a voicemail
suggestion box (extension 239) where you can leave your ideas and
contact information if we have questions about your proposal.

The incoming Council will look for patterns in the responses and begin
setting up the advisories early in the term. In the future, members will
be able to suggest additional advisories at any time, and we'll
circulate information on how to do that.

Please take this opportunity to help make your Association stronger, and
ensure its continued relevance to and effective action
on current issues and member needs.
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4