[CANUFNET] Greenbelt Dumping info

Menounos, Kim kmenounos at city.pg.bc.ca
Tue Aug 14 18:16:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

We seem to have a major problem with greenbelt dumping. Every time I
visit a rustic park or natural greenbelt in the city, I find heaps of
yard waste, debris, old fence remnants and general yuck! We do have a
bylaw in place to protect our green spaces, however enforcement is a
challenge with limited staff and "bigger" issues.

Does anyone have a good education program, or at least suggestions for
one, that does not vilify the dumpers but gets the message across that
this is harmful to our natural spaces? I'd be interested to hear
anyone's thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Menounos, RPF