[CANUFNET] Mountain beetle etc.

Jack Sloggett jack.sloggett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:51:09 EDT 2007

I am investigating biological repellents or biological pesticides targeted
at beetles like the Mountain Pine Beetle, Emerald Ash Borer, Asian longhorn
beetle etc.

I have been contacted by a group that claims to have a biological solution,
at least to the Mountain Pine Beetle.  Before pursuing anything, I would
like to understand more about what has been done to date, and if there are
any solutions in the pipeline.  The only currently effective solution seems
to be cut and destroy infected trees, which isn't effective at all.

Can anyone direct me to sources or contacts for information?

Thanks for your help.

Jack C. Sloggett  BScF
10 Wanita Road
Mississauga ON L5G 1B1