[CANUFNET] Public/Private Tree Protection By-law

pwynnyczuk at richmondhill.ca pwynnyczuk at richmondhill.ca
Wed Nov 28 14:33:27 EST 2007

Hello,
Under the Province of Ontario Municipal Act, it allows for tree protection
for both Municipal and Private trees to be enacted, if desired  by either
local Municipal or Upper Tier Regional Governments.
Regards,
Peter Wynnyczuk

"Kristine Koster" <kristinekoster at gmail.com>
Sent by: canufnet-bounces at list.web.net

11/27/2007 03:32 PM
Please respond to
Canadian Urban Forest Network <canufnet at list.web.net>

canufnet at list.web.net
cc

Subject
[CANUFNET] Public/Private Tree Protection By-law

Greetings,

I am Chair of the Tree Protection By-Law Committee in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Our committee is working towards creating a tree protection by-law for
trees on both public and private property. I am seeking advice on how
other cities have gained authority to enforce tree protection by-laws. If
you have had experience with this, I would greatly appreciate your
guidance.

Thank you,

Kristine Koster