[CANUFNET] Public/Private Tree Protection By-law

Elaine Johnson Elaine.Johnson at reddeer.ca
Wed Nov 28 15:45:57 EST 2007

Hi there Kristine,

Check with the City of Victoria, BC.  They have one of the most
comprehensive bylaw/protection documents in Canada that I've seen and
includes both public and private trees (most only deal with public).
Our city currently does not have one, but are proposing begin the
process of exploring what we can do here in Red Deer.  I hope this
helps.

Elaine Johnson
Urban Forester
Parks Planning and Technical Services