[CANUFNET] CANUFNET Digest, Vol 40, Issue 8

iolaprice iolaprice at comnet.ca
Thu Mar 20 16:58:03 EDT 2008

CANUFNET Digest, Vol 40, Issue 8

When I, as Chair of the Ottawa Forests and Greenspace Advisory Committee,
make our annual Budget presentation to Council, telling Council what our
priorities for their spending are, we tell them that the Green
Infrastructure is as important as the Grey Infrastructure and needs money
and attention in just the same way.  Then we list a few of the benefits of
trees etc.  That isn't a methodology for valuation, but it is our way of
putting it into the political realm.
I believe that the OECD has worked on its valuation of Natural Capital study
and that Environment Canada is now also doing something in that area.
Iola Price