[CANUFNET] Tangible Capital Asset Registry - Reporting Trees and Urban Forest Assets

Heather & Randy hrmiata at rogers.com
Mon Mar 24 11:54:59 EDT 2008

   Good morning Philip:
>"We do indeed need collaborative advocacy among Urban Foresters in
>Canada...every time we try to get that going it starts and then
>fades away again...this really should be a prime initiative for Tree
>Canada and topic at the CUFC. Is there any of this type of
>discussion planned at this years CUFC ie Canada specific discussion
>towards solutions to Canadian problems."

  As a matter of fact, ISA's Exec. Dir. - Jim Skiera -  is budgeting
some $$'s to help fund an ISA Cdn roundtable of Urban Forestry Across
Canada, specifically to discuss / brain storm key issues
country-wide. We anticipate a group of about 15 - 18 folks, hoping to
collaborate in findings. It wont be a long session, but at least a
start. We haven't put all the details together yet, but will shortly
be seeking -out potential topics & Cdn ISA members who can attend.

                  B E (Randy) Lidkea
                  Vice President  International Society of Arboriculture
                  205 5th Ave W
                  Owen Sound  ON  N4K 6G2