[CANUFNET] Tangible Capital Asset Registry - Reporting Trees and Urban Forest Assets

Michael Rosen mrosen at treecanada.ca
Tue Mar 25 11:20:34 EDT 2008

And let me add:

The Final Report of the National Forest Strategy (2003-8) has included an
analysis on Action Item 6: Urban Forests and Public Engagement. We did not
further very badly. The participants have stated their enthusiasm of having
urban forests as part of the Strategy, again. The Final Report will be
posted on the Tree Canada and Canadian Urban Forest Network
(www.cufn-rcfu.ca <http://www.cufn-rcfu.ca/> ) sites soon.

This year’s Canadian Urban Forest Conference will feature a discussion on
the Canadian Urban Forest Strategy, a regular feature of the conference.

We are also compiling a database of urban forest community groups and
practitioners to be available as well. These will be made available later
this Spring through the web with a media release.

Judging by the amount of information requests, there is growing attention
being paid to urban forests as a crucial part of the environment.

Michael Rosen, R.P.F.

President / président, Tree Canada / Arbres Canada

402 – 222 Somerset St. West / 402 – 222, rue Somerset ouest

Ottawa ON K2P 2G3

T 1.877-666-1444; 613. 567-5545 X. 222 ;  F/Téléc (613) 567-5270

E/C mrosen at treecanada.ca

 <http://www.treecanada.ca/> www.treecanada.ca /
<http://www.arbrescanada.ca/> www.arbrescanada.ca

Canadian Urban Forest Conference , 24-26 septembre 2008 /

Conférence canadienne sur la forêt urbaine, 24 – 26 septembre 2008

www.cufc8.ca

  _____