[CANUFNET] Significant or Heritage Tree Programs and Committees.

Cory Manton cmanton at victoria.ca
Mon Apr 14 17:54:33 EDT 2008

FYI,

The City of Victoria is looking to expand upon our existing Tree
Preservation Bylaw to include the protection and designation of
Significant or Heritage trees within our boundaries. These would include
trees already protected but more importantly those which would never
meet the criteria of a protected tree due to their size.

Any details around programs that other municipalities are providing
would be much appreciated.

This could include but not limited to:

1. Grant programs for beneficial tree work for significant trees
2. Criteria used to determine if tree is significant or heritage
3. Is the selection done by municipality or committee made up of
municipal staff and public
4. Are these trees added to Tree Protection Bylaws or left as voluntary
designations

Thanks in advance,

Cory Manton
Tree Preservation Officer