[CANUFNET] announcement from Brian Fisher - BC Hydro

Fisher, Brian Brian.Fisher at bchydro.com
Wed Apr 30 13:52:28 EDT 2008

As many of you know, I have spent the past 18 months seconded as the manager of Distribution Vegetation Operations at BC Hydro.
This secondment is now complete and the management of the delivery of BC Hydro's professional Vegetation Management program will be under the direction of
Christopher Smith who has just recently arrived at BC Hydro.
Chris's responsibilities are a little broader than mine were in this position but essentially he oversees all of our internal field vegetation personnel and our contractors.
I will be returning to the Strategic Asset Management side of BC Hydro.
Strategic Asset Management handles the overall budget requirements for Vegetation Management (working with Chris and his team to ensure the efficacious assignment of resources), sets standards and policies, assists with external stakeholder interfaces, and audits field work to assist in enabling field staff to maximize efficiencies.
Prior to my secondment to Vegetation Operations, I was the manager of Vegetation Management within Strategic Asset Management. My long term colleague, Duncan Isberg, had for the previous 2 years reported to me as the Vegetation Management Strategic Planner.
I am very pleased to advise that we are now reversing those roles and that Duncan has taken over as the Manager - Distribution Vegetation Management within Strategic Asset Management.  For the balance of my career at BC Hydro, I will assume the Strategic Planner role and report to Duncan.
Duncan certainly shares my passion and commitment to professionalism in Utility Arboticulture and we will continue to pursue these objectives as a team.
I am delighted that BC Hydro has promoted Duncan to this position. I feel assured that my successor is now in place.
I am also confident that Chris has the skills, abilities and team potential to deliver BC Hydro's proofessional vegetation management program.
I will be staying on at BC Hydro for a year or two and, of course, will do everything that I can to assist both Chris and Duncan to meet the challenges that we all face within the professional arboricultural community.
To my friends and colleagues inside and outside of BC Hydro, to whom this note is addressed, It has been my pleasure to work with you in varying capacities over the years and I look forward to continuing to do so at least in the short term. In the meantime, if your needs lead to requiring introductions to either Chris or Duncan, I should be happy to assist in any way possible to make introductions and ensure smooth transitions.
Regards,
Brian Fisher B.A.
Certified Arborist - R.P.Biologist
DistributionVegetation
Strategic Asset Management
 BC HYDRO
400 Madsen Road, Nanaimo, B.C. Canada, V9R 5K3
Phone: (250)-755-4722
Brian.fisher @ bchydro.bc.ca