[CANUFNET] Tree maintenace

Listar, Ivan ilistar at london.ca
Wed Sep 17 08:02:07 EDT 2008

The City of London is conducting a UFORE analysis this year.

We are trying to raise the importance of tree maintenance, especially
pruning older trees.  There is a lot of general information about the
benefits of pruning but I couldn't find anything specific with to how
much longer (years) we can keep trees alive and maintain our canopy
cover through good pruning practices.  Does have any information on this
or could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Ivan Listar, R.P.F.
Urban Forester, City of London
A.J. Tyler Operations Centre