[CANUFNET] Psychological Benefits of Trees

Dwayne Gilbert Dwayne.Gilbert at mississauga.ca
Wed Sep 17 11:50:26 EDT 2008

Just off of the top of my head, I heard that residents in hospitals tend
to recover quicker when they have a window side bed with nice trees/park
setting to look at. Maybe this will help you get some information?

Take care,

Dwayne Gilbert
Forestry Technician
City of Mississauga
Dwayne.Gilbert at mississauga.ca

>>> Michael Rosen <mrosen at treecanada.ca> 2008/09/17 9:52 am >>>
I am looking to update a presentation on the Psychological Benefits of
Trees. If anyone has some recent research, not necessarily Canadian
that
they can quickly refer me to, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael Rosen, R.P.F.

President / président, Tree Canada / Arbres Canada

402 – 222 Somerset St. West / 402 – 222, rue Somerset ouest

Ottawa ON K2P 2G3

T 1.877-666-1444; 613. 567-5545 X. 222 ;  F/Téléc (613) 567-5270

E/C  <mailto:mrosen at treecanada.ca> mrosen at treecanada.ca

 <http://www.treecanada.ca/> www.treecanada.ca /
<http://www.arbrescanada.ca/> www.arbrescanada.ca

Canadian Urban Forest Conference , 24-26 septembre 2008 /

Conférence canadienne sur la forêt urbaine, 24 – 26 septembre 2008

 <http://www.cufc8.ca> www.cufc8.ca