[CANUFNET] Private Tree Bylaw

Jeannette Wheeler Jeannette.Wheeler at edmonton.ca
Wed Aug 5 14:23:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

The discussion about private tree bylaws, and the removal of historical/exceptional private trees by the home owner raises it  head every once in a while here in Edmonton. I would really appreciate receiving information from municipalities that have a private tree bylaw specifically on the effectiveness of the bylaw, the enforcement of it, cost to administer it, what sort of public education was required and the administration of the bylaw.

Jenny Wheeler

Principal of Forestry
12304-107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5G 2S7

Phone: 780 442 0224
Fax: 780 496 4978
Cell: 780 910 7578

Parks Healthy, by Nature

EcoVision Edmonton is our vision for an environmentally sustainable city. Go Green! It's Our Nature
visit:  www.edmonton.ca/environmental/programs/ecovision.aspx