[CANUFNET] Site Alteration Bylaw & Tree Bylaws

BGeerts at brantford.ca BGeerts at brantford.ca
Fri Nov 13 13:45:10 EST 2009

The City of Brantford is currently requesting proposals for the
development of new Site Alteration & Private Tree bylaws.  Site
alteration, for those unfamiliar, will include regulating major landscape
changes on private land ie: excavation, grading, erosion control, etc.

Is anyone aware of other cities that have reviewed these two bylaws
together?  We felt it important to review and rewrite them concurrently to
ensure that the below-ground tree is treated with equal importance to
above ground.

Has anyone had issues where a tree bylaw falls short because it does not
address tree protection below ground?

To keep this message short, I won't include a lot of background; if you
want more info the tender is on the City website www.brantford.ca

________________________
Brian Geerts
ISA Certified Arborist