[CANUFNET] Looking for Tree protection bylaws in Canadian Municipalities

McLeod, Geoff (IS - Parks) Geoff.McLeod at Saskatoon.ca
Fri Sep 10 10:44:15 EDT 2010

We have come to a point in Saskatoon where we need to start to readdress our tree protection policy.  This year alone, we anticipate the loss of ¾ million dollars to construction projects.  I have been requested by council to address how we are protecting our trees from construction(Ironic as they are driving the development).  Anyways,  I would appreciate any documentation for your respective municipalities (urban or rural) that I may be able to take a look at so I can start rewriting our policies and turn them into a potential bylaw.

Thank you everyone

p.s. time is ticking away for the 2010 ISA Prairie Chapter conference here in Saskatoon.  Check out www.isaprairie.com<http://www.isaprairie.com> for information about the conference as well as the Tree Climbing Championships.

Geoff

"Vision without action is a daydream: Action without vision is a nightmare!"

Geoff Mcleod BSc., BSF., MSc.
Superintendent Urban Forestry/Pest Management
City of Saskatoon
1101 Ave P. North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0J5
office: 1.306.975.2537